In-Person–I teach at The Rhythm Academy of San Jose. The rate for these lessons is $45/half hour. Please pay by clicking the buy now button below.
Skype/Zoom–To take virtual lessons, you’ll need a computer with a webcam, microphone, and Skype/Zoom account. It helps if you have a strong internet connection.
The rate for these lessons is also $35/half hour. For scheduling and/or more information, please feel free to contact me.
Teaching Philosophy–I believe that everyone has the potential to be a good drummer, no matter age or level of natural talent and experience. All it takes is a combination of a self-motivated practice routine and the right kind of instruction. I devise a multi-sensory learning plan for you, tailor-made to fit your learning style.
Other points of interest related to my teaching practice:
• Current teaching certificate (K-8 Multi-Subject) in the state of Arizona.
• Master’s Degree in Elementary Education and taught elementary school (4th grade) for 5 years and middle school science for one year.
• 33 years of drum lesson teaching experience.
• I teach students of all ages but specialize in teaching children as I developed a method called Drumset for Preschoolers (see “books”) that originated from a program that I developed at the Barness Family Jewish Community Center. This method uses the drum set to teach both general early childhood and music skills.
• My books Drumset For Preschoolers and Drumscapes involve novel approaches using mathematics and a multisensory approach to teach reading, writing, and playing rhythms. These are both available through Amazon.com.